Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Beginning.....

Today is the beginning of this journey -
The Maroon Clownfish.
Scientific term : Premnas biaculeatus
Personal Identification : Nasimah & Azizi

I chose Malaysian names (Googled a list of Malaysian baby names, as this particular species comes from Malaysia)- and I like how they sound :)

Today I purchased the female (Nasimah) - she is BEAUTIFUL. Possibly 3 years (give or take) in maturity, is about 3 inches in size, and is just plain pretty. Deep Maroon coloring with bold Gold Stripes.

I am on the lookout for a mate for her, in hopes of introducing them - fingers crossed they will bond, and then make lots of beautiful babies together :)

That is the plan- however, we know what happens when we plan. Life is not a guarantee. So I have one of the LFS (Ocala Aquariums) looking for a small male for me, and I will be introducing him into the tank slowly- to be certain the female will not attack / kill the new male. If this does happen, and is not able to work itself out- then I will have to remove him and start anew.

I will be adding to this journal regularly, as data dictates. As well as keeping tabs on my other blogs. I have decided to create a separate blog for each pair- thus making it easier to share my findings / excitement / lessons learned along the way.

Feel free to follow along, and comment as the urge takes over :)

Wish me well in my journey of Captive Bred Marine Life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment