Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Doing well.

Well- today is, of course, February 22nd, so just jumping online to give a quick entry to this pair. They are doing very well. Feeding is healthy- and harmonious, lol- they do not act aggressive toward one another in the least, especially during feeding. The female has become quite fond of the male. I have removed the clay pot, as it appears only he was using it. She sleeps under the pot. Upon removing it, I have been able to spot her hiding place. She has actually moved the sand bed, to hollow out a little 'cave' for the two of them. I have left that be, as it does not appear that the rockwork will fall in over them- it is sturdy. So they are happy with their hidden home :)
I have left the base of the terra cotta pot in the tank - along the left side - to hopefully prompt her to lay her eggs there. It would be ideal! (for me, lol!) As then I would be able to get to them, and photograph them as needed/wanted :)
The male's headstripe is coming in very nicely- a beautiful yellow- golden change from the already now bright white :)

No comments:

Post a Comment